Question

Sending Email From Google Sheet - "No Data" Issue

• 16 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, I am new to Zapier but made a lot of progress today setting up Email Parser and getting it to automatically input new lead contact info into a Google Sheet. My goal here is to not only have the new row created in Google Sheets but to now have an email automatically generated and sent to the contact for which the new row was created. 

Everything that Zapier needs in order to send the email is being pulled in from Email Parser EXCEPT for the body of the email, which needs to be custom based on what the client reached out to us about. I have no problem setting the Google sheet up to autofill in the text that I want in the body of the email. However, Zapier is consistently saying No Data in the body of the email (even if I type data into that column or have it autofill when the rest of the row generates) so it won’t let me complete the set up or send anything.

I’m so close to having this work. Can anyone explain why everything else is working but the Email Body is giving me “No Data”? Can I not autogenerate my own email body to include in the email? I want the email to generate with text from another Google Sheets column. It seems to want the data to come from Email Parser which is not what I am looking to do. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AboveTheClouds 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Hi @AboveTheClouds 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Hi Troy, thanks for the response. I will be attaching the screenshots below. 

What I realized the more I thought about this is that the Zap is looking to Email Parser for ALL information to include in the email draft that it creates. This is an issue because I want the Email Body to be essentially “Thanks for your interest in XXX.” which is not a phrase that is being parsed from the Email, it is something that I will have auto-populate in the spreadsheet when a new row is created.

Are you aware of how I would go about using Email Parser and the current Zap to create the draft and pull in the users email address, subject line and product inquired about (I already have this working) but then allow me to pull in a different spreadsheet column for the body of the text?? As of now, it just says “No Data” if I am trying to pull in an email body that does not come directly from Email Parser. 

Hope that makes sense, I feel I’m really close to getting this to work. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AboveTheClouds 

You can enter static text, dynamic variables from a previous step, or both in fields.