Best answer

Sending Direct Message in Slack based on Google Sheet

• 7 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I’ve been working pretty tirelessly to complete the following with no luck:

• Send Direct Message in Slack by using Slack Member ID in Google Sheets

• I finally created an ARRAYFORMULA with INDEX MATCH to pull together Slack Member IDs, but it keeps showing “No data” in that field. 
  • I think I may have to use a Look Up step, but I’m stuck! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
icon

Best answer by AshleyBloom 7 December 2022, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AshleyBloom 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AshleyBloom 

The problem is that since there is a Formula field in Google Sheet it will appear as if the row is not empty in Zapier and since its empty then there is no data (this is just a guess, screenshots of the workflow would be great). 

For such reason I always recommend using Airtable since it will not have the empty rows problem.  

Hi all! I was able to solve it by using a Look Up step that would then return the row information. I appreciate you hopping in, especially as my screen recording didn’t upload, which probably made this all the more confusing haha. I appreciate ya!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Glad to hear you were able to solve this one, @AshleyBloom! And thanks for coming back to shared what worked with the rest of the community. ✨