Question

Send Channel Message in Slack invalid_thread_ts error.

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

1. I am connecting Gmail and Slack in the Zap. Whenever a new email comes into my Gmail account, the Zap is triggered, and I want this email to be posted to a Channel in my Slack, so this is the action. 
  1. I have successfully created the Trigger app for New Gmail messages, however, in the action app for “Send channel message in Slack”, what should I enter in the “Thread Field” under the Action Section? , the thread field has a note “

If you want this to be part of a thread, you'll need the timestamp (Ts) of the parent message. For example: 1345232312616.1231232.

If you get the message from a trigger, select "use a custom value" from the dropdown and connect accordingly by selecting the Ts field.

Otherwise, add a search step and fetch the message you want.” 

1. Do I need to take the timestamp for the message in my Trigger app ? and put this timestamp into the Action field?  Where is the timestamp in the message in my Trigger app? How to create it ?​​​​​​

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @bryan82,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

If your workflow is to only send a channel message in Slack whenever a new email comes in your Gmail, I don’t think you need to map anything on the “Thread” field. The "Thread" field in the Send Channel Message action for Slack is used to send a message as a reply to an existing message within a thread.

This is useful when you want to automate replies to specific messages in a Slack channel or keep the conversation related to a particular topic within a thread.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊