Skip to main content
Best answer

Selecting multiple tags on custom field for ClickUp, error message "Values must each be a valid option id".

I have a form with a checkbox option to select multiple departments.  I need a custom field in Clickup updated based on those selections.  I’ve set up multiple steps to format the value to match ClickUp’s Ids, but still getting an error:  "Values must each be a valid option id".  

The user may select zero or up to all the checkbox and each one should be selected on the custom field.

After a new entry is submitted on the form:

Line Itemizer to separate each checkbox from the form.

2nd - look up table to match the ClickUp field

3rd I split the text so they are separate items.  I’ve tried All (as line-items) and All (as separate fields)

When I create the task, I select the output from the last step.  

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kim_M 

Try mapping the output variable from the Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone  I tried that originally and receive the same error.  That’s why I was thinking, I needed to separate them with Split Text.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

Perhaps one of the values you typed in the Lookup Table is not a valid value for the field.

Can you post screenshots of the error?

Can you post screenshots of the dropdown list options?

The field expects an array of items.

The output from the Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table returns the results as an array of items.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is the error when I use the lookup table output.

The options for the dropdown.

Here is the output when all 3 are selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kim_M 

An option to try…

You may have to flatten the array from Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table with Formatter > Utilities > Line Item to Text

Then with Formatter > Text > Split set Segment Index to All (as Separate Fields).

Map each of the 3 possible options individual variables to separate inputs for the Field.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That worked!