Question

Search for Clickup task based on name

• 10 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi There. I am wanting to create a Zap with the step of searching for a task in Clickup based on the task name. I keep getting the error: 

Failed to find a task in ClickUp
Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search

I know there is a task that exists with that name on my list. Can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Greetings @cpzap - 

Can you share with us what your setup looks like? In exploring ClickUp, my setup looks like this: 

With the option to select a task. If you’re searching for a task, I’d make sure that select from the dropdown and see if that helps with finding it (as opposed to typing the name of the task directly in the the search box and using that). 

Hope that helps, and I’m here to continue troubleshooting if need be :]

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If you see in the screen shot there isn’t a field for Task Name. I am triggering this off a Jotform submission. Could that be the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @cpzap!

With the Clickup Find task search action, the Zap editor will pull through the fields that are set up in your Clickup account for that Folder/list. If you use the field ‘Request name’ as the name for your tasks, then adding the request title from Jotform there should pick up any existing tasks with that request name. For that specific request, could you double check that there is a task titled MNF Wilson in that specific Space, Folder and List?

If you there is one and the search step still isn’t finding it then it would be best to get in touch with our Support Team as they can dig into your Zaps with you to get to the heart of any trouble. You can contact them using the Get Help form

Thanks!

I’m running into a similar issue but for us we simply don’t get the ability to enter the custom fields to search with:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@adambate That is very unusual! Are you certain custom fields exist in your Campaign Data list? If so, can you try clicking on “Refresh Fields” and see if they load?

@cpzap While finding a task by its name isn’t possible, I imagine you could create an automation within ClickUp to automatically update a custom field with the name of the task, and then search for the name within that custom field. It’s workaround-y, and I haven’t tested it myself, but I imagine that should do the trick.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks, Todd! That is exactly the workaround I came up with. It’s not the best solution, but it gets the job done.