Skip to main content
Question

Search for a contact in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM by email address only is not working

• 11 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi,

the new option for MS Dynamics 365 CRM you mentioned in the last topic is not working:

I can select to search by email only, but I can't specify the email anywhere. 

Maybe I don't understand this correctly, but I can still only enter the first name and surname. But the e-mail only in the next step, where if the contact was not found a new one should be created.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HSBA,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM action that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HSBA,

Thanks for the screenshot!

Have you tried to reconnect your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM account and then clicking the “Refresh” button on the action to see if the email field appears?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I tried this already. The email field only appears under create. 

I also tried this with a complete new zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @HSBA,

Thanks for giving that a try!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like when it comes to the find action itself, this does pull in items for that search if they are set as a searchable field in MS Dynamics. With that being said, is the email field set as searchable in this fashion in the field options? Link 

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

The field is searchable. I will try it today.

It's just confusing, as you always have to enter the source of the email address in all other apps. In this case, I only do that when I use the Create a Contact option. The Microsoft app must actually know in advance which field contains the email address. In my example, it is the webhook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Please keep me posted, @HSBA, if the email field shows up. If not, I’d suggest contacting our Support Team to look deeper into the logs and see what’s going on, since they have the correct tools for that.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1
Badge

The Zaps always crash with the option activated. This does not work. As soon as I deactivate the option, the Zap works again. 

Our e-mail field in Dynamics is definitely searchable.

There is simply no field to define the e-mail from the webhook for the interface to Dynamics. How is the interface to Dynamics supposed to know that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HSBA,

Thanks for the update.

I suggest contacting our Support Team regarding the issue you are experiencing. Our Support Team has the necessary tools to closely examine your Zap and its logs to identify the cause of the problem.

You can reach out to our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.