Best answer

Schedule by Zapier - AgilePlace Create a Card Issue

• 15 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I have a simple Zap that uses Schedule by Zapier to schedule a monthly card (Action is “Create Card in Planview AgilePlace) to AgilePlace (fka LeanKit).  The description field is populated with my desired text, but when the new monthly card is created it doesn’t include any hard returns. Could anyone help with this?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 19 December 2022, 19:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Scotty.Shanks 

Good question.

Can you please clarify what you mean and are seeking by “hard returns”?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

I mean the spaces (by pressing the Return or Enter key on a keyboard) between sentences/paragraphs.  They exist in the description in the Zap but in the newly created card all of the sentences are strung together with no separation.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Scotty.Shanks 

Good question.

Some Zap step fields don’t accept certain formatting OR expect data to be formatted with markdown or HTML

Can you post a full screenshot of how your Zap step is configured?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Scotty.Shanks! Are you still interested in some assistance? If yes, please drop your screenshots below so we can help you out! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hello - here is the text for the description field.  When the new card is created the spaces are missing and all of the sentences are run together.  I can’t provide a screenshot of it because the newly created card was already reformatted.  Please let me know if I can provide further info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Scotty.Shanks 

Have you tried using HTML formatting? i.e.: something like <br> instead of the returns? 

Userlevel 1

I had tried other coding but not HTML - that did the trick - thank you!