Skip to main content

I have a zap that triggers when a new record is created in Salesforce, then creates a new item in a Monday board. All it does is copy the field values from the Salesforce record to Monday.

Four of the fields in Salesforce are checkboxes. The matching columns in Monday are checkbox columns. 

No matter the value TRUE/FALSE in Salesforce, the value that results in Monday is always FALSE. I’m not getting any errors. The data is just incorrect.

Hi @lisa_nativegov,

We apologize if you are encountering an issue with your Zap. Here are some few things that you need to check if order for us to isolate the issue.

Check the actual data that Zapier receives from Salesforce and pass it to Monday.com. You can do this by looking at the Zap History in your Zapier dashboard, which shows the input and output data for each action in your Zap. Also, the issue might sometimes be with how Salesforce's API handles boolean values. It might send 'true'/'false' as strings instead of boolean values, which might be why Monday.com always shows 'false.' If so, you should add a Formatter step in your Zap to convert the strings to boolean values before sending them to Monday.com.

Let us know if that fixes your issue, and we'll be looking forward to your response. Thanks.

Hi @lisa_nativegov 

A Monday Checkbox field expects these values:

• Checked
  • Unchecked

Add this Zap action: Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table

That will allow you to translate the values from Salesforce (true/false) to the expected values for Monday.

More info about dropdown field values: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Thank you both. Between those answers I was able to resolve the issue.

That’s awesome @lisa_nativegov! A huge thanks to JammerS and Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗