Question

Salesforce tasks and opoortunity link

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I want to link tasks with opportunities. E.g. when a new task is created for a contact, add a relation to the opportunities that belong to the initial contact. When testing the trigger, I see the opportunity ID is stored in WhatID but when I come to the action part and select Update (or create) Record in Salesforce with Task as the Salesforce Object, I cannot find the WhatID.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Martin K 

Good question.

If you know the value of the ID, then you can try searching for that instead of the variable name.

Or simply try searching for just “ID”.

The ID for the task comes from the trigger. The opportunity ID I want to write in the WhatID field comes from a search step.
Searching for “ID” only leads me to Name (the contact) and Related To (the account).

If you know the value of the ID, then you can try searching for that instead of the variable name.

Do you mean Ctrl+F search? This does not work since the values are empty in the action (see screenshot). Is there a way to search for a specific field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Martin K

I think it will be helpful if you can outline a specific example for us plus screenshots as though you would do this thru the Salesforce UI.

Also full screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined will be helpful.