Question

Salesforce integration requirements

• 2 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

What are the Zapier necessary permissions to integrate with Salesforce?

e.g. is Salesforce admin, basic user, super user..etc

Thanks,

Rawan

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @R.A., thanks for joining the Community! 👋

It depends what actions you’re wanting the Zap to carry out on your behalf as Salesforce Users and Objects can be limited by permissions (e.g. create, read, update, delete). For example if you’re using a Zap to create or update records of a specific object type then the Salesforce account you’re connecting to Zapier would need to have sufficient permissions to be able to do that. 

Are you running into any specific errors when attempting to connect your Salesforce account to Zapier? If so, please share the details of that error here and we’ll be happy to help you in troubleshooting it. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the response.

I am trying to write leads from social platforms into Salesforce CRM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @R.A.,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I just wanted to let you know that since Salesforce has complex permissions for its users and objects, it's important to keep in mind that there may be some limitations based on the permissions you have (such as create, read, update, or delete).

In order to make sure that you have the necessary permissions to achieve your goal, I suggest using the ModifyAllData permission, which will give you the broadest access to the data you need. https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000384401&type=1

Additionally, Salesforce has some helpful articles that could point you in the right direction. Here are a few that you might find useful:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊