Question

Salesforce integration - failed to find opportunity record

• 26 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to build an integration with salesforce.

The flow is,

1. If i get a new email from gmail (Trigger)
  2. Then Find a contact record in salesforce
    1. To get a contact ID
  3. And then find an opportunity record by Contact ID(ContactId) in salesforce.

But when I tried third step, I failed to find opportunity record.

How can i build this flow?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @YY_rtzr, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Sorry to hear that the Zap isn’t locating the opportunity for that contact in Salesforce. What salesforce action are you using to carry out the search for the opportunity - is it a Find Record by Query or Find Record search action? 

Can you share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of the search action that should have found the opportunity record? I’d like to take a look at that to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be preventing it from finding the correct opportunity. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you! 

Thanks for replying.

As I attached, I use ‘find record’ to fine contact in Salesforce, and get an contactId. (at 3rd step)

And in the 4th step, I want to find Opportunity ID by contactId, which has found at my 3rd step.

But This doesn’t working.

• 기회 = opportunity
  • 연락처 ID : contactId

Can you help what is the problem in my zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @YY_rtzr,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please try using the Account ID in the “Field to Search By” field and use the Account ID from the 3rd step and map that to the “Search Value” field?

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!