Question

Salesforce error: Required field "Search Value" (searchValue) is missing.

• 2 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I want to connect that google sheet → salesforce →  google sheet

But If there is error that  required value of the sheet is missing , I can not find the way to send error  message to Google sheet

Is any idea?

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Yeonsik Kim, welcome to the Community! 👋

There should be a setting on the Salesforce search action called Should this step be considered a "success" when nothing is found?, which, if set to Yes should allow the Zap to continue even though it didn’t find a value. But it would likely still run into an error as and halt the Zap when no value is found. The Search Value is a required field so a value would need to be passed to it in order to resolve the error and allow the Zap to continue. 

Is it that you’re looking to record the exact error message in Google Sheets? Or are you looking to record that there’s a missing value in Column P of the spreadsheet?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 

Hi @Yeonsik Kim, welcome to the Community! 👋

There should be a setting on the Salesforce search action called Should this step be considered a "success" when nothing is found?, which, if set to Yes should allow the Zap to continue even though it didn’t find a value. But it would likely still run into an error as and halt the Zap when no value is found. The Search Value is a required field so a value would need to be passed to it in order to resolve the error and allow the Zap to continue. 

Is it that you’re looking to record the exact error message in Google Sheets? Or are you looking to record that there’s a missing value in Column P of the spreadsheet?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 

Hi

Thank you for your reply

Yes, I want to record the exact error message to the google sheet row where the error occurred

For eaxample, ‘Required Field is missing’

I want to know if there is any way

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Yeonsik Kim!

This might be possible with a little creativity. It takes a bit of a workaround but we have an app called Zapier Manager that you can use as the trigger to another Zap. You can specify which Zap to monitor. Finding the exact Google Sheet row to update could be the tricky part, though. Can you give that a try to see if it gets you at least part of the way?