Question

Salesforce error: Required field "Search Value" (searchValue) is missing.

• 28 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am creating a Zap between Salesforce and Google Sheets.

I have 3 different user fields (primary facilitator, secondary facilitator, tertiary facilitator) on salesforce that I want to create a row with on Google Sheets when a new record is created on Salesforce. 

When I add a Find Record action to find the name of the primary facilitator and search by the ID of the primary facilitator field, I am having no problem but when I add another Find User Action to find the name of the second facilitator and test the action, it gives me the Failed to Find a Record in Salesforce Error, however, there is a field for the Second Facilitator and there is data in many records for that field.

I did some research but couldn’t find an answer in the previous questions in the community. This is my first zap and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hkntymz 

Good question.

The mapped dynamic variable has “No data”, but the required field expects a value.

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093