Question

Salesforce error: Could not create record of the "CampaignMember" object: Lead ID: id value of incorrect type

• 25 April 2023
  • 5 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

A am testing a Zap that is Gravity Form to Salesforce for Lead Collection. But when I got to test it I get this error.

Failed to create a lead in Salesforce

Could not create record of the "CampaignMember" object: Lead ID: id value of incorrect type: xxxxxxxx

I have tried several of the community articles, but none have seemed to help.

Would I be able to get some support?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @TheZapMan,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section of your Salesforce step? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @TheZapMan 

Jumping in to see if I can help!

Can you try putting a space between items?

You can also refer to this article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496037541005-Common-Problems-with-Salesforce-on-Zapier.

Hi Brem,

Thank you for touching base.

I tried that suggest and I am still receiving the same error.

Best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TheZapMan,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

After reviewing the screenshot you provided, I believe the problem lies with the mapped data on the "Lead" field. I suggest, you can try removing the mapped data on the field and then click on the "Or add search step" option located next to the "Lead" field. This should help you find the Lead ID.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊