Best answer

Salesforce error: Could not create record of the "Account" object: CompanyId should be a numeric value

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create an Account in Salesfroce with Zapier but I get an error when testing the flow:
“Could not create record of the "Account" object: CompanyId should be a numeric value”

It actually does not make sense cause as I’m creating an Account from scratch there is no CompanyID in input.

Company should be created, and companyID should be the output of the step...

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 June 2023, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RobinI, welcome to the Community! 🎉

It appears you also reached out to our Support team who were able to take a look at the full error message in the logs and find the cause of the error. I’m going to share the information from their response here in case there’s other folks in Community that are having a similar issue:

“I had at our internal logs and see that in Step 10 Create Contact in Salesforce, the LinkedIn Company field is expecting a numeric value, and instead, there is the URL mapped: 

c649aee7abb85c6771fba8255607d3dc.png

Here is the full error message we're seeing:

"message": "CompanyId should be a numeric value",
"errorCode": "FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION",
"fields": ["LID__LinkedIn_Company_Id__c"]

I suggest using a numeric value here instead since that is what is expected to be used here.”

So it sounds like the ID number for the account needs to be used instead of the URL for the LinkedIn account. 

If you continue to have these errors after making that change it may be best to continue the conversation with the Support team as they’ll be able to dig into the logs again to get more details. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on here though! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks Sam! indeed Niki solved my case in support as well and it’s now working well :)

Would have been cool to have the whole messaging in UX, I would have found the issue immediately and solved it without bothering you all.

Have great day

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That’s a great idea @RobinI! I’ve passed on your recommendation, hopefully it’s a change we can see soon. 🤞