Best answer

Sage Accounting error: Failed to create a sales invoice in Sage Accounting, 504 Gateway time-out

• 16 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to create a Sales Invoice using as trigger a new row in google spreadsheet.

Although it is not working, can someone confirm if the Sage option in Zapier is the same as the Sage Accounting Cloud that I use (https://accounts-extra.sageone.com/)? 

Appreciate the support.

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 16 September 2022, 20:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Henrique!

I’m not overly familiar with the different Sage offerings, but I found this in some internal notes, where we asked the Sage team the following:

Q. Can you advise if your Zapier integration is compatible with your Sage 50cloud Accounting product?

A. Unfortunately it is not - we only support Sage Business Cloud Accounting in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, US and Canada

Are you using Sage Business Cloud Accounting (in which case it is supported and the problem would be something else)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Henrique !

Sorry you’re running into these problems, that’s definitely not the experience we want you to have!

There are a couple of known issues with the Sage Accounting integration (built and maintained by Sage Accounting) that could be the issue here. Can you give me a little more information so I can at least get you assigned to the correct one?

First, what country are you working from? Sage says they only support Sage Business Cloud Accounting in UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, US and Canada. (Whether or not accounts-extra.sageone.com is supported with this integration, that’s a question best posed to Sage Accounting.)

Second, I noticed that your account has expired: https://cdn.zappy.app/3737304c69701f7162732d87791dcf14.png … You can try reconnecting it with that link and then trying again, but I suspect that you will still see these problems. Given how long it takes for the error to appear, and from our logs, it looks like you’re running into a known issue where users run into a lot of errors and timeouts, particularly when there are custom fields required (and it looks like that is the case in your setup).

So, I think the best next steps for you here are:

1. Confirm what country you’re working from (both where you sit and where the account you’re connecting to is)
  2. Verify with Sage that their Zapier integration works with the version you’re running
  3. If based on those you think it should work, and if you’re able to reconnect your account, even if just for a few minutes, I suspect it should, then let us know and we’ll get you associated with the timeouts issues I mentioned.

Again, that integration is owned by Sage, so they’ll be the engineering team to fix it, but they all have access to all the user reports of errors we get, so once we get you associated with the issue you’d be able to know when it gets fixed.

Thanks!