Best answer

Run a query in Google BigQuery getting "Cannot read property 'map' of undefined" error

• 29 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to run a query in Google bigquery via zapier and encountered this error message. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 October 2023, 15:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @onejee, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I’ve been looking into this on our side and it seems that you’re running into a bug that’s been reported for the Google BigQuery app. The error seems to be occurring specifically no row can be found.

I don’t have an ETA on when this will be fixed but I’ve added you to the list of affected users, so we’ll be in touch by email as soon as it is.

In the meantime, some affected folks have reported that rewriting the query to ensure some sort of proxy row is always returned gets rid of the error. They then filter on this row to act as if nothing was returned.

And one user reported that they were using an INSERT statement and able to get around this by adding ;SELECT "OK" to the end. For example: 

INSERT INTO someTable (field1, field2) VALUES (value1, value2);SELECT "OK"

Hopefully the workarounds mentioned here will help to keep things running while the bug is still around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @onejee, and anyone else subscribed to this thread! 👋

Just following up with a belated update to share that the bug report has been closed. 😁🎉

I expect you’ve already received the email notification from us but I’ll share the details from that notification here in case it’s been missed: 

“Zapier fixed an issue that you reported with our BigQuery integration. Previously, our "Run a Query" search would occasionally return an error that said "Cannot read property 'map' of undefined". This was happening when the "Run a Query" search did not find any results. We have fixed it so that the Zap will now return a "Nothing could be found for the search" message, which will behave as expected when you Zap runs. Thank you for taking time to report this issue. Let us know if you have any questions.”

So seems like those errors should be all sorted now. If we can help with anything else do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡