Best answer

RingCentral "Call Ended" Trigger not Triggering

• 21 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m trying to setup a RingCentral Zap that Triggers on “Call Ended” (see below).

I placed a couple of test to and from my Ring Central line using the Mobile app, but they are not trigger the Zap sample data.

On one of the calls I started a recording and it triggered that trigger, so I know I’m authenticated correctly.

Can anyone else duplicate this? Am I doing something wrong?

The only thing that shows up is this sample data entry:

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 March 2024, 22:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @arrw24 

If you are able to configure the Zap using the representative Zap trigger examples, then try turning the Zap ON and testing live, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for your Zap steps: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is wild! Yesterday I did 3 test phone calls and none of them showed up in the “Test” area. Hence the reason for this thread...

This morning, after reading your recommendation, I did 3 more tests after I published the Zap. When I looked at the Zap History page, they were there! What’s weird is on the Zap itself, under Zap Runs in the side bar, the runs weren’t showing up until I refreshed the entire page (I was using the arrow button to refresh the list). 😑

NOW, just one of my tests from yesterday is showing up in the Test list so I can do some field mapping. Still unsure why the others aren’t showing up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@arrw24 

This may be contributing to your issue.

Zapier Status page: https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list

Userlevel 1
Badge

For anyone who stumbles upon this - here is Ring Central’s Answer.

TLDR; “Yeah, we know that doesn’t work, sorry.”

Hello, Adam

Thank you for being patient. Per confirmation of the Produce Developers, it appears that the behavior you are having is the intended or expected behavior. The main reason is that the call-related instant triggers' data sources are telephony events, which do not actually have a pollable API.

So, the test trigger samples are just static sample data that we provide. I understand how you would like it to work which will be helpful in your workday. The feature or option to use live data for call-related instant triggers instead of static samples is in the roadmap. However, we don't have an ETA yet when it will be released. 
We will tag this case as part of the feature request. Thank you for choosing RingCentral as your communications provider. Have a great day!

Cheers,
Ian Christopher
RingCentral Integrations Team

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing the response you had from RingCentral’s Integrations Team, @arrw24. I’m really glad you were able to be able to load in one of the samples and map the necessary fields. 🙂

If you, or anyone else comes across this thread, have similar issues with other instant triggers in future I wanted to share this guide in case it’s helpful in getting a test record sample loaded: Zap trigger test fails.

Sounds like you’re all set for the minute but please do reach out in the Community if you continue to run into issues or have any questions. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡