Question

Required field "Email" (email) is missing.

• 6 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

We are using Memberstack to register our users on our website. We want the following process:

When someone signups on our website through Memberstack, The contact should be added to the list of Sendinblue. Currently, When we make the test in Zapier, It works completely fine. But when we try to signup on our website, the contact isn’t getting added to sendinblue list. When we check the history on Zapier, it says that the Required field "Email" (email) is missing.

So could you please help us to add the contacts to our sendinblue list when someone new is added to the memberstack? :) 

I am adding the images of Zapier test and also the error when I try to signup with email on our website. I hope someone can help me with this :) 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Ontervent 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Looking at the screenshots you attached, you’ve mapped the Zap correctly.

Could you try pulling up another test data from the trigger and use the latest data as value for the “Email” field?

Then check if that will work during live testing.

Let me know if it works! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ontervent 

Good question.

When you see {{variable}} in the Zap Run history details DATA IN for a step, that means the variable value was null/empty/blank or the variable was invalid.

The email variable from Memberstack that you mapped is Member Email, but we can’t tell from the screenshot since it doesn’t show all the data returned from Memberstack if that data point had a value for this Zap Run.

It does show a different data point that has an email address. (Auth Email)

To avoid these errors, you can add a Filter step to the Zap, to check if the value exists.