Question

Removing HubSpot associations

• 14 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I’m trying to automate contact-company association removal. My current setup involves a custom selection field in Hubspot contact database (ContactLeftCompany; true, flase), which triggers a workflow in HubSpot, that does some tasks, but need to emplye a Zap,  as well to remove contact-company association, which can’t be done in HubSpot.

I’ve set it up in a way to look for a contact change (not just the property change), then filter ContactHasLeft company (proceed if true), and then I should configure the step to remove associations. Here’s where I’m stuck at the very last step, as the preview properties don’t display the company, currently associated with the contact. Instead, I see a list of all companies in the database.

Could it be, that the Zapier is not able to lookup which company the contact is associated with? Or should I performa an assoication lookup first?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

So, I have found the needed “remove associations” action, and configure it as per my understanding and logic but it’s still not working, yet no errors are reported. Action does not yield in any output data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SnakeySnake!

Based on the screenshot, it looks to me like one of those mapped fields should be company and the other one should be contact. Otherwise, HubSpot has no way to know what’s related to the contact and how to remove the association.

I’m not 100% sure which one would go where, but you could try both and see if either of those changes helps :)