Question

Redirect to specific URL linked to email from form submission

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all, i have a website that enables me to set up webhook integration into them. What I’m essentially trying to do is redirect clients to specfic partner sites to login, based on their email address (we sign clients up to different partners, but they get confused by which partner, so i want to try and create a single sign in) I have an google sheet with emails in column a, and their corresponding third part URL to login in column b. I have set up a webhook , with catch hook as the trigger event, then added to the URL to the integration on my form,  i've then added an action step, added google sheets, then Lookup Spreadsheet Row as the action event, i have connected the relevant sheet, and choosen the relevant email address. Then i have a redirection action which is another webhook with the custom request as GET, with teh relevant URL for the email address selected. in theory this should work but nothing happens when i enter an email into the form, no redirect.

Any ideas where i might be going wrong, something wrong with my own site? is it even possible to do what i'm trying to do, automatically redirect to a third party website based on an email?

Thank you in advance for any help, I’m a complete beginner with all this.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TGCFX 

Good question.

The redirects would need to be configured in the form settings, not in Zaps.

Zaps are backend automations.

You need frontend logic/scripting applied.

Hi @TGCFX 

Good question.

The redirects would need to be configured in the form settings, not in Zaps.

Zaps are backend automations.

You need frontend logic/scripting applied.

Hi Troy, thank you for your reply. The form on my website enables integration with webhooks, which sends a POST request to an endpoint (in this case Zappier) when a client enters their email, i was under the impression it was therefore possible to create a redirect?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TGCFX 

Zaps can’t be used to create redirects for form submissions because the Zap data is not communicating back to the browser, only to the app backend.