Best answer

Recorded calls from Ring Central are coming over in a weird "371Z" format

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to take recorded calls from Ring Central and save the audio file as a record in a one drive folder. The files are coming over, however they are coming over in a weird format that is not audio. Any idea what a 371Z file is or what I need to do to get the actual audio to save in OneDrive? 

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 1 November 2022, 14:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Outdoor AdvINSURE. Thanks for flagging this in community!

Hmm, I’m not 100% but it sounds like the files are being compressed into a zip file - likely due to size.

While it’s different apps, this is a similar question that may be helpful and talks about options for unzipping them:

Outside of that though I’m eager to hear if there’s another workaround or alternative ideas recommended by the community. 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Outdoor AdvINSURE 

I have used RingCentral trigger “New Call Recording” and I get the mp3 file without a problem. You probably are mapping the wrong field. Check the below screenshot for the correct field to map. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam 

That is what I have mapped, but it’s coming over as a document, not an audio file. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Are you specifying any file extension in the next field? Try leaving the File Name empty? 

Userlevel 1

That was it, thank you! 

I did end up putting the file name back in, but added .mp3 to the end of the file name and still works. Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Glad I can help :) Please mark it as Solution so others can benefit from it :)