Question

Quickbooks Online error: Invalid bundle entry in SalesItemLineDetail

• 13 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m unable to add “bundle” item type as a line item to a new invoice in Quickbooks Online. I keep getting this error when I try to do so:

Invalid bundle entry in SalesItemLineDetail: Invalid bundle id 13 passed to SalesItemLineDetail.ItemRef. Please use GroupLineDetail with bundles., Quickbooks Field: Line.SalesItemLineDetail.ItemRef and Invalid bundle entry in SalesItemLineDetail: Invalid bundle id 14 passed to SalesItemLineDetail.ItemRef. Please use GroupLineDetail with bundles., Quickbooks Field: Line.SalesItemLineDetail.ItemRef

Is there any way to talk to the Quickbooks Online API through a webhook so I can control exactly how the data gets over to QBO?

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @sromano2 

It seems like Zapier quickbook integration is passing over SalesItemLineDetail array where in order to send bundle you need to pass GroupLineDetail array.

You can use webhooks by zapier to make your custom API call to Quickbooks but QBO uses oauth 2.0 so this might be difficult to configure.

You can also use Code by Zapier to make the API call through JS or Python, and that should be more viable option.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310939021-Use-JavaScript-code-in-Zaps#output-data-from-code-steps-0-8

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @sromano2 

It seems like Zapier quickbook integration is passing over SalesItemLineDetail array where in order to send bundle you need to pass GroupLineDetail array.

You can use webhooks by zapier to make your custom API call to Quickbooks but QBO uses oauth 2.0 so this might be difficult to configure.

You can also use Code by Zapier to make the API call through JS or Python, and that should be more viable option.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310939021-Use-JavaScript-code-in-Zaps#output-data-from-code-steps-0-8

Hey there, @sromano2

As @robschmidt already called out the Webhooks by Zapier route won’t work since QBO uses oauth. 😔 This is related to a different app but my teammate Ryan does a better job then I can of explaining the options available with these scenarios. 

Specifically referring to this bit here.  

Since HubSpot uses the modern “OAuth” mechanism as their authentication method, none of our “Generic” apps like Webhooks by Zapier will be able to interact with it.  One would have to build out a custom app via [this] link ... to make an app which authenticates the way their API requires, as well as configure setting up the trigger/action you are looking for.

Hope some of this helps and thanks for reaching out in community!