Question

QuickBooks Online error: Amount calculation incorrect in the request.: Amount is not equal to UnitPrice * Qty. Supplied value:58.56, Quickbooks Field: Line.Amount

• 23 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a math format that adds multiple items*qty.  When I use the output for the format it fails.

Test

Failed to create a create invoice in QuickBooks Online

Amount calculation incorrect in the request.: Amount is not equal to UnitPrice * Qty. Supplied value:58.56, Quickbooks Field: Line.Amount

Troubleshoot error

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @SolarGoesGreen -

I found a few articles online that may help resolve your issue. 

This article offers two possible solutions, though if it were me, I’d probably start with the second recommendation. 

Another article offered this recommendation as a solution: 

Solution:
Check the Qty, UnitPrice and Amount fields for each line of the transaction and ensure that the UnitPrice times Qty is equal to the Amount. (UnitPrice * Qty = Amount)

What is your trigger app? If you’d like, including screenshots of your Zap set up is extremely helpful when it comes to troubleshooting! Just be sure to omit any personal information. 

This is from an order in my zapier mailbox.  How does this work with multiple items?  I have the price of each item and qty of each item in the zap, then I have formatted those to add and the total for the amount in my inv oice.  What specifically do you need?

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SolarGoesGreen 

Thank you for confirming that information.

Could you kindly send a screenshot of how each of your steps are set up? This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

These are orders from Outlook.  I have tried the math formatter to multiply prices with quantities, and then use that total as well, and still fails.  The attached math that I tried, I took the [1st product price*qty]+[2nd product*qty]+[3rd product price*qty].  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Charie 

Thank you for sharing the screenshots.

Looking at the error message, it seems like something our Support needs to check as they will be able to check the Zap itself.

You may try to reach out to them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Let me know if you have other questions.