Best answer

Push trigger custom input (in Chrome extension) not visible when testing (or running) newly loaded push

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

The custom field in the Chrome trigger extension is not being found when trying to load Test trigger data. 

The zap has been published and has worked in the past. It broke while I was making adjustments to the sheet where Zapier uses the pushed input field to find the row (the Job ID). I have loaded new pushes but it only finds the example data as shown in the screenshot below.

The only other change that feels relevant is that I combined an existing email with a new email in my google account. So the email I signed up to zapier with is now different (but linked by Google) to the chrome account email.

Any help would be awesome :) 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 November 2022, 10:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @VanDan!

There’s currently an issue with the Zapier Chrome extension where Zaps aren’t pulling in real sample data when you test the trigged step. That means that when you test the Zap, you’ll see example text rather than something that you really ‘pushed’ with the extension. When the Zap is turned on, it will work the way it should and use data entered in the Chrome extension to trigger the Zap. 

I’m sorry that this issue makes things more confusing when you’re building your Zap. If you need any more help, don’t hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the heads up @Danvers, I’m all sorted now. I’m not sure how hard it is to implement but an error window explaining that sure would have made me happier 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Totally hear you, @VanDan. I passed along your feedback to the team - thanks for sharing it! 🤗