Question

Difficulty pulling form fields from Wix Automations

Hello ! 

I have some issues with a zap. When I look for the form fields, the fiel message don’t appear. I’ve tried to read the 2 or 3 thread about the same issue but the solutions didn’t work… I tried to “reload” the fields after a test but nope. A field with a name “Message contact 2) appear but don’t work :/

Thanks for your time !

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ThePf, welcome to the Community! 👋

Can you tell us a bit more about the form fields that are missing? Are they Contact, Basic or Advanced types of fields? You mentioned that there is a field coming through from Wix, is it the same type of field as those that are missing or is it a different type? 

For the test sample that’s selected in the Zap do the fields that are missing contain a value in Wix or are they empty? Sometimes when a field is empty it won’t be sent over to the Zap so for cases like that it’s worth changing the test sample in the Zap to see if you’re able to pull in a different sample that will allow access to the missing fields.

Can you get back to us on the above and try changing the test sample (if you haven’t already) to see if that helps? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello ! 

Thanks for your response !

So, first of all we talk about a basic text field, it’s the message for the contact form. 

I’m gonna add a screenshot of the field I can add. In green it’s the ones who worl but I cannot find the “message” field, in red there is the field with the name I gave them but none of them work… I’ve already try to change the test sample but nothing :/ 

thanks again for your help, Pierre-François

i am having this exact problem and its driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ThePf,

Have you been able to find a solution to this? If so, could you post it here?

Thanks! 😊

Hi @ThePf,

Have you been able to find a solution to this? If so, could you post it here?

Thanks! 😊

Hello @ken.a !

well, not at all 😭 still searching for that

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ThePf 

I may have found a solution for your concern.

According to Wix, you may try to enable "Velo" - this can be done via the Dev Tools in the Wix Editor. Here are some helpful links from Wix Automations:

Please keep us posted!

Need help with this too!! 

My form WAS set up with Zapier (and ultimately KVCore) and working perfectly. I added another form field to it and that’s it, I have the above problem. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Ranola,

If the fields aren't available in the sample step, you can try using the "custom pill mapping" workaround. We actually have a helpful Community post that discusses this topic. You can check it out here:

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

I appreciate that, but I can’t figure that out 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ranola!

Based on what I see above, it sounds like you’re using a different app than the original topic poster was. Is that right? You mentioned KVCore.

Is it that you added a form field and you don’t see that in your trigger’s sample data? If so, have you tried re-testing it to pull in a new sample? You’ll want to make sure there’s a form submission that includes that new field. Then go here in your Zap to get a new sample, clicking on “Load more”:

Can you give that a shot to see if it helps?

Hi, the problem is I’m unable to use the usual “first name”, “last name” etc fields this time around and I’m not sure why. They weren’t pulling the info. Instead I’m now seeing these fields with all kinds of letters etc, but those aren’t working either. I thought they would because it’s showing the name of my form (home page signup). Can’t figure this one out and unfortunately really, really need to by tomorrow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

@ThePf - I’ve been doing some further digging into this and it seems that you’re actually running into a bug with the Wix Automations app where the fields in the sample provided are incomplete and inconsistent in how they are sent over.

@edchow24 - It sounds like you’re running into that same bug here as well.

@Ranola - Part of the issue reported on the bug was that when there’s a change to the form field we get inconsistencies around the form fields that are sent over. It sounds like that’s what’s happened here in your case as the fields were mapped and working correctly at first and then stopped working as expected after you added an additional field. 

I’ve added you all to the list of users on the bug report. I can’t make any promises as to when it would be resolved by but we’ll definitely notify you all by email as soon as it is.

In the meantime, using the workaround suggested by Ken of using custom pill mapping to manually select the fields in the Zap seems like it could work. You’d need to use the names for the fields that appear in the Zap History, not as they appear in the test sample. That should help to ensure that the Zap is able to get the values from the correct fields.

Hope that helps for now. If we come across any other workarounds in the meantime we’ll be sure to share details of them here! 🙂

Has this issue been solved yet, I am not having a big issue pulling data to a google sheet, but I cannot pull the client message which is really stumping me as it is very important to me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lee's Landscaping,

It looks like the bug report has been closed already. If you’re still running into an issue here. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team so that they can take a closer look at your Zap and its logs to determine the cause of the issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.