Best answer

Error downloading 5-6MB CSV file when using Import CSV File Formatter to Spreadsheet via Zapier

• 24 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to download a CSV file from web page or I can use formatter to go to directly to the URL which seems to change based on the date and then save it as a spreadsheet.

I followed the steps from the below link. 

But my file size is around 5-6 MB. So I am getting an error. Any idea how to fix it? I have a deadline to complete, so quick responses will be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 December 2023, 10:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @ManDoKOP, thanks for joining the Community here! 😁

Ah, yes ​​​​​​Formatter’s Import CSV File utility is only able to work with files under 150 KB (around 1,000 rows of a 10 column CSV file) at the moment. We’ve got a feature request open for the ability to support larger files so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. This allows us to send you an email notification as soon as it’s resolved.

As a workaround, perhaps you could trying using an app like Split CSV to split the CSV into a series of smaller files that could be processed by Formatter. Then trigger another Zap from the smaller files and add the information into the Google Sheets spreadsheet that way?

Hope that workaround helps to get things up and running in the meantime! 🤞 

Hi there @ManDoKOP, thanks for joining the Community here! 😁

Ah, yes ​​​​​​Formatter’s Import CSV File utility is only able to work with files under 150 KB (around 1,000 rows of a 10 column CSV file) at the moment. We’ve got a feature request open for the ability to support larger files so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. This allows us to send you an email notification as soon as it’s resolved.

As a workaround, perhaps you could trying using an app like Split CSV to split the CSV into a series of smaller files that could be processed by Formatter. Then trigger another Zap from the smaller files and add the information into the Google Sheets spreadsheet that way?

Hope that workaround helps to get things up and running in the meantime! 🤞 

Thanks, Can you tell me how to setup the Split CSV action to be used in the below workflow. I have setup and linked my account. But I am not sure how to connect the URL to SplitCSV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ManDoKOP,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

From the workflow you described, it seems like adding the Split CSV action before the Formatter step would be a good recommendation. While I'm not entirely familiar with Split CSV, would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of your current setup for the Split CSV action? That way, I can get a better understanding of how it's configured.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

Just popping by with a quick update to share that the feature request has now been closed. We’ve recently launched a new app that can handle CSV files of up to 1-4MB - Files by Zapier! 😁🎉

It’s currently in Beta but I’d recommend giving it a try to see if it works well for your needs. Do let us know if you run into any questions or issues in using it. In the meantime, happy Zapping!