Best answer

provided dataset is not valid "label" is not allowed

• 20 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to create a Lead in Pipedrive using Zapier, and I have this error message : 

‘provided dataset is not valid "label" is not allowed’

I have no idea what ‘label’ refers to here as I don’t have a field in my Leads section in Pipedrive.

I came across a post here from someone having the same problem. The answer to that thread was to leave the field blank, which I did, but I’m still getting that error despite leaving the field blank.

Thanks for your help ! 

Sandhya.

icon

Best answer by jesse 17 October 2022, 21:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Toovalu

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with your Zap. I would expect that completely removing anything from the label field should work as label is not a required field. Could you double check that there’s nothing in there, for example an accidental space?

If that doesn’t work, could you tell us a bit more about the label field? It’s usually a dropdown field, so do you recognise any of the options in the dropdown? Maybe it’s a field that’s not called ‘label’ in your Pipedrive instance, but it’s something else. 

Hello Danvers,

Thank you for your answer. The ‘Label’ field is a dropdown field, and I have not selected anything in the dropdown, hoping the zap would work and ignore that field, but I’m still getting the error message.

I don’t recognise this field ‘Label’ as there are no fields called ‘Label’ in the Leads section of Pipedrive.

However, in Zapier,  the dropdown under ‘Label’ has the exact same elements as another field called ‘Etiquette’, which does exist in the leads section of Pipedrive, but also in the Deals section of Pipedrive. The funny thing is that the dropdown under ‘etiquette’ when I’m trying to create a lead returns the dropdown of the field ‘etiquette’ in the Deals section of Pipedrive.

I hope it’s clear. 

Any help in understanding what’s going on would be tremendously helpful.

Thanks ! 

Sandhya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Toovalu!

Thanks for your reply. I can see that you’ve been in touch with the Support Team about this and were able to get your Zap up and running. Were you able to get to the bottom of the label error message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! It looks like our support team was able to help get to the bottom of this so I am going to paste their response for anyone following along:

A second Lookup Table step will help you accomplish this goal.

When we see dropdown menus as we do for the Nombre de salaries section of your Lead step, it's a sign that the app (Pipedrive) expects a very specific type of value, which is typically an ID rather than the name of one of the options.

For example, if you passed 1-10 into as the option, this would fail in your lead step even though 1-10 is an option that exists in Pipedrive. Instead, you would need to pass the right ID for this 1-10 option. You can see what these look like in Pipedrive in gray under each category name seen below:

de813e89da3ff7881b99bf1c808ce596.png
(view larger)

In short, you can make a second Lookup table step. You would keep the Lookup Key and Lookup Table values on the left the same. But the Lookup table values on the right and the Fallback value will change:

bf53ab230bfda7f48636b12ecb681413.png
(view larger)