Best answer

Problem with setting up the trigger when new halted task happens

• 18 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi people 

Currently I am having a problem with setting up the trigger when a zap(Let’s say zap A) in a folder enters the “halted” state.  

A zap which I want to set the trigger (Let’s say zap B) uses the “Zapier Manager->New Halted Task” trigger.

When I edit Zap B, it keeps showing that “We couldn’t find a new halted task” ( The 1st picture folloewing below), although in a zap A, which I want to get alert shows its halted task ( The 2nd picture folloewing below).

So my question is 

1, How can I set the trigger for new halted task? Is there any required condition?

2, If the zap A finishes successfully till the end despite of the halted task in the middle, can this be recognized as halted tasks or not? (Because technically the zap A finishes even though it shows halted task in the middle)

FYI I am attaching the description of what it shows in zap A history

1. [Success]Found 1 new Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets.

2. [Success]Found Spreadsheet Rows in Google Sheets.

3. [Stopped]This step was safely halted because nothing was found in HubSpot.(←this is what I want to detect by zap B)

4. [Skipped]This HubSpot step didn‘t run because it depended on a previous step or filter that wasn‘t successful.

5. [Success]Found Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets.

6. [Success]Sent 1 new Spreadsheet Row to Google Sheets.

I would appreciate if any of you tell me why and how

Thank you

1. Nishio
what I can see in a zap history which I want to send out alerts
icon

Best answer by christina.d 20 September 2022, 00:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @S. Nishio! Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

I did some digging and sorry to say, it looks like you’re running into a known bug with the “New Halted Task” trigger where it doesn’t always fire as expected. 😔 I added you as an impacted user and we’ll shoot you an email once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to update the topic as well! 

Regarding your question on if it’s possible to trigger on Step 3, I think this sort of conditional logic could be achieved through Paths by Zapier. Here’s a resource if you’re curious on how to get started with that!:

Thanks again and sorry to not have better news for ya here!