Question

Problem sending emails in QBO after publishing zap with send Invoice action

• 8 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, while testing a multi-step zap which included Create Invoice in QBO > Send Invoice In QBO action, all the steps worked fine and QBO did indeed send the emails through to our demo customer email. 

However, the moment the zap was published, NO emails can now be sent through QBO and naturally that last step of the zap (i.e., send invoice) doesn’t work. Zap does create the invoice in QBO, but no way of sending the invoice to the customer neither by the zap action nor manually through clicking Send in QBO. 

Gives the same error i.e., 

​​​

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zamshaR 

For us to have full context, we would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi Troy I’ve attached the relevant screenshots for your perusal

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zamshaR 

You should move your Filter to be Step 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zamshaR 

There seems to be a mismatch with your provided screenshots.

One screenshot shows Step 8 as sending the QBO invoice, but other screenshots show that as Step 9.

We would need to see the Zap Run DATA IN/OUT for this matching example.

All the invoices or quotes that need to be sent out via zapier - QBO itnegration cannot be sent out. 

Not only that once I published this zap, no outgoing emails can be sent out of quickbooks; whether it is done manually through QBO or through the zap.

All other steps in the zap works i.e., it creates the invioce. But doesn’t send the invoice to customer.

On that note, I could potentially send the email through zapier mail app but I need to still provide link to pay. Would you know how to link my PayPal business link to the Zapier mail template?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zamshaR,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like the Send Invoice action step is returning a success message and it says “EmailSent” in the Data Out section of the Zap run. I believe the issue here might be in QuickBooks Online itself since you’re receiving an error in QuickBooks Online side and the Zap run is successful.

Have you tried contacting QuickBooks Online support regarding the error you’re running into? If not, you can reach the QuickBooks Online support team here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/help/en-us/contact-us