Skip to main content
Best answer

Problem Getting Gravity Form To Write to Google Sheet

• 13 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I'm trying to set up a Zap to write a line to a Google Sheet when a Gravity Form is submitted. The form collects data used to register online for a course. I've done this successfully in the past, but for some reason, I just can't make it work this semester.  The Zap seems to be set up properly when the trigger is tested, but then when I submit a test Gravity Form, instead of the information on the test form being recorded on my Google Sheet, what's recorded is the sample data that I used to fill in the fields on the Zap (or at least what I thought was sample data to be used as a model for submissions so Google would know what kind of data format to expect).

Example:  

• Data used when creating the Zap:  PO Box 509
  • Data used when filling in Gravity Forms test: PO Box 12
  • Date written on Google Sheet:  PO Box 509

What am I not doing or doing wrong or ...?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @koratcat 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have full context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi, Troy.

Thanks for your willingness to help.  

Happily, the help is no longer needed.  Stubborn is (or should be) my middle name.  Enough trial and error, and I finally got things unraveled.  Everything is working as it should now.

Cheers,

Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @koratcat! We’re glad to hear that the Zap is now working!

Would you mind sharing the solution you found? This will help our other amazing Community members who might run into the similar issue. 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi, Ken.

I had been trying to edit a Zap used in a previous semester and had also been using a Gravity Form from a previous semester that had been edited to reflect current semester information.  I had thought that since the Zap and the Form apparently worked because they had been used successfully in the past, this would be the fastest way to set up for the new semester.

I finally decided that starting over with both a new Zap and a completely new Gravity Form would be a better investment of time than continuing to fiddle with the old versions of both.  Also created a new Google Acct, # (by creating a new Rest API) to use with the process.

It was frustrating having to do everything over again, but in the end, the time investment it took was worth it since everything how works.  Registration went live on the website last night and seems to be working smoothly (fingers crossed).

I guess I still don’t know exactly I was doing wrong initially (so there’s nothing in this to help anyone else solve a similar issue unless it’s that starting over again from scratch brought success).  Next semester, I plan to start from scratch again.

Cheers,

Helen (aka Koratcat)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for sharing the solution here @koratcat!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️