Best answer

Problem connecting Wordpress to Zapier: "Issuer does not match with this server"

• 19 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Please help with this:

I already activated the zapier plugin for wordpress and I don’t have any security plugin activated. I used my site url with https and used an admin account in wordpress that I specifically created for this. But I don’t know why is hitting this error.

icon

Best answer by jesse 20 May 2022, 06:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Nataly - sorry to hear you’re running into an error! I saw you wrote into our support team about this issue and they replied with a few things to try:

I did some digging in our logs, and WordPress is returning that 401 error when we try to connect but isn't providing any further context.

My gut reaction is that this is an issue with the SSL certificate on your website - that's usually where I see words like "issuer". I'm not sure what the problem might be exactly though.

My best advice would be to contact your hosting provider for your WordPress site. They should have some more insight into this and can help you resolve it.

Sometimes plugins cause some authentication issues. You can also try deactivating all of your plugins (except the Zapier plugin), and then try connecting your account to Zapier. If it still doesn't work, please let me know. If it does connect, you can then try re-activating all of your plugins one by one while testing your connection each time on this page: https://zapier.com/app/connections/wordpress 

If the connection breaks after activating a plugin, that'll pinpoint which one is causing the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hopefully this gets you started in the right direction!

Of course, if you’re still running into issues, following up on that support thread would be the next best step. 🙂