Question

posting to FB from Asana - getting errors

Userlevel 1

Hello! 

I have tried searching for the solution to this problem all over the internet with no success! I’m hoping someone here can help.

I create all my social media posts in Asana. I would like to have the auto-post to various social media outlets via Zapier and Buffer. I have already encountered a problem when the post includes a photo. The error reads...

Error from halted execution: Invalid image url parameter supplied (no data found)

It says this if I grab a URL for the photo from canva, or if I download the canva image and copy/paste it into the notes section of the task card. 

Does anyone have any insight?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bekahw 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hopefully this helps and sheds some light!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bekahw 

Unfortunately, those pictures of your screen are to small and blurry.

Here’s a GSearch about how to take screenshots on your computer: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+take+a+screenshot+on+computer

Userlevel 1

I took screenshots but they wouldn’t load, which is why I took photos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bekahw 

Well we’re unable to use the uploaded screenshots because they are too small and blurry to decipher.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

OK, trying this again...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bekahw 

The mapped variable is the name of the attachment from Asana, but the Photo URL expects a URL of a photo that is publicly accessible.
Take note of the field description.

Userlevel 1

I appreciate you checking that out! But I’m still not sure what that means. I’m using a link from Canva that’s set to public, which isn’t fixing the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bekahw

The mapped variable is the name of the attachment from Asana, but the Photo URL expects a URL of a photo that is publicly accessible.
Take note of the field description.

The expected Photo URL value should begin with “http” which would be a link.

Also, the field description indicates “only certain profiles support photos”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @bekahw - coming back in to see if you were able to grab the correct photo URL; Troy’s advice here should be that the URL should not be a .png, but start like a webpage. 

Let me know if you run into other roadblocks or if you’re all set!

Best,

Rachael

Userlevel 1

No- I’ve tried it multiple ways- downloading the image first, using a link from canva, etc. and I keep getting the same error. I have a friend who uses Trello instead of Asana and she’s not having any issues at all so I’m still not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ll keep messing with it. Thanks for checking in! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bekahw ! Hopping in with another suggestion:

Can you double check that there is no additional text is included within the mapped Canva link? Only the https://canva.com…...

If the data is being pulled from somewhere like Asana notes, it can include additional text which will cause an error. 

Keep us posted!