Best answer

Posting a row to Sharepoint Excel Sheet always fails on first try

• 7 February 2023
  • 8 replies

I have Gravity Forms integrated with my Sharepoint to populate a form entry submission to a Sharepoint Excel file, but every time it tries to add a new row when it hasn’t in a day or so, the process is ‘stopped’ and it fails to populate the row. But if there are two consecutive form entries, the first will not be added to the excel sheet, but the second third etc. ones will. I believe this may be an issue with zapier not having initial access to sharepoint - could any one confirm if this might be the issue or what next steps to take?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 February 2023, 13:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cwalk23 

Good question.

Help articles for using Excel in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

About the Excel Integration

• Admin/owner permissions: Sufficient permission is needed to view information from a spreadsheet or make changes to it.
  • Paid/versioned account: Only OneDrive for Business is supported and able to integrate with Zapier. Federated accounts, consumer accounts, Outlook accounts are not.

SharePoint is not yet supported as a Zap app.

I

Hi @Cwalk23 

Good question.

Help articles for using Excel in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

About the Excel Integration

• Admin/owner permissions: Sufficient permission is needed to view information from a spreadsheet or make changes to it.
  • Paid/versioned account: Only OneDrive for Business is supported and able to integrate with Zapier. Federated accounts, consumer accounts, Outlook accounts are not.

SharePoint is not yet supported as a Zap app.

I marked the excel file as shareable to anyone and it is able to post but just not on the first go at it - I was wondering if there was any way to forego the initial error since I manually have to click on rerun when the initial entry is not added to excel

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Cwalk23! 👋

I did some digging and it seems you’re running into a known bug with the Microsoft Excel app where new rows aren’t added to spreadsheet files hosted on Sharepoint the first time round. they’re added successfully when the failed run of the Zap is replayed but they should be able to go through successfully the first time round! 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users on the bug report for this issue. This will allow us to email you directly as soon as that issue is fixed. We’ll keep this page updated with any news or further workarounds as soon as we have them. 

It’s not possible to forego the initial error. But we do have an Autoreplay feature that would save you having to manually replay the errored runs of the Zap. That feature is only available on Professional plan or higher so depending on what plan you’re on that might not be a viable solution.

Alternatively, you could try saving the file to OneDrive instead of SharePoint as this issue only seems to affect new rows added to spreadsheets on SharePoint. Not sure whether you have OneDrive but might be worth looking into using it while this bug is still affecting the Microsoft Excel app. Hopefully that’ll help! 🙂

@SamB Great! Thank you for the help - will be looking forward to a response towards the bug. I have seen the auto replay feature but am not upgraded to the plan currently. Thanks for your help on this!

Is there an update on this? We’re also experiencing this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @iceman 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Any update on this? We’re experiencing the same issue. Although with some Zaps it refuses to successfully run even on replay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Adam Bakal,

Unfortunately, there are no new updates regarding this open bug. In the mean time, I've added you to the list of affected users for the ongoing bug report. We'll notify you via email once it's resolved.

Please note that the duration to fix bugs can vary due to several factors. We prioritize based on the bug's complexity, the number of impacted users, and the overall scope. The resolution might also depend on whether it's an issue within our domain or if collaboration with partner apps is required.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.