Question

Post new Shopify product to Facebook not working

• 15 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all

I have been trying to publish a post to my Facebook page when the product is created on Shopify.

I am using my webpage link followed by the product handle, for example:

https://www.bonsaitree.co.za/products/  and then insert the 1.Handle:1-5mm-anodized-aluminium-wire

The post is published but it gives me a 404 error. So clearly I am doing something wrong with the link.

I have looked on this forum and there is no previous instance of this issue posted.

Please assist, many thanks in advance!

Terry

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bonsaitree 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Bonsaitree - welcome to Community!

Checking in here to make sure you were able to get this Zap sorted.

I would suggest double-checking that your Action (Create Posts to Facebook Pages) has the below mapping (as FYI these will need to be selected vs typed in):

Facebook Pages Action:

• Within in the Message field map the “Title” from your Shopify Trigger step.
  • Within the Link UFL field map the “Handle” from your Shopify Trigger step. 
    • [Shop product page link][mapped field which is the Shopify “Handle” data]

Let us know if that does the trick or is clear as mud 😉 If you’re still having trouble, share some screenshots of your mapping and we’ll be happy to help!

Thanks Liz!

For the moment I am not pursuing this zap as Shopify allows me to create new products which are either draft, available on POS only, online or not etc. 

However what I have noticed is that Zapier cannot tell the difference and so when I create a new product but do not make it available online then the link which Zapier publishes to Facebook returns a 404 error as it cannot find the product (as it is hidden online but available on other channels.

I am not sure what to do about this other than disable the zap.

Regards

Terry

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bonsaitree!

I’m not overly familiar with the Shopify triggers and what data they return, but do you see anything in there that you could filter on? Like only continue if it’s a certain status, to prevent those that are hidden online?

You can check in the Data Out tab in your Zap Runs, or within the sample data in the Zap Editor.