Question

Podia membership cancellation is pulling incorrect data - how to fix?

• 24 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to integrate podia with flodesk, and have managed pretty well up to now (thanks to the threads on here). I’m trying to update a contact by removing them from a segment on flodesk, when they cancel their membership. 

I have one customer who has cancelled, and I have also created a test account in Podia and cancelled the test’s membership in order to pull the data across for the Zap test purposes, however Zapier is pulling incorrect data, with subscribers that are active and clearly haven’t cancelled their membership.

As you can see on the screenshot below, it’s pulled up a customer with no “cancelledAt:” data, rather than the test or another customer who has actually cancelled their membership.

I’m not sure how to fix this. Any ideas? Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @SarahK! 🎉

So pleased to hear you’re finding it useful! 🙂

That’s very odd indeed, we should definitely be seeing that cancelledAt field coming through with a value on the sample. I’ve not seen any reports of it triggering for non cancelled subscriptions when running live, so hopefully this is just a glitch in it not pulling in the correct sample.

As it’s an instant trigger I wonder if you might need to create another new membership subscription for testing purposes. Then cancel it and head straight over to the Zap, and click Load more (from the dropdown menu where you select a sample) to load in that cancelled subscription test as a new sample.

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that pulls in the correct sample and allows you to then see a value in the cancelledAt field?

I’m having the same problem. I tried to create the workflow with canceled memberships in Podia and when Zapier did the test it pulled records from the last three people who had subscribed to the membership and did not pull the person who had canceled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @k8dwalker,

This might be a bug with the Podia integration and I’m not seeing any similar reports regarding this issue. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to determine what’s causing the issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.