Question

Pipedrive error: This feature requires a new permission. To use it, reconnect your Pipedrive account.

• 25 September 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently setting up a new Zap that updates Leads in Pipedrive based on a Calendly trigger. 
The zap is supposed to update the existing lead with the name of the AE and SDR that booked the meeting. 
All the steps are well-tested and work fine, I can find the AE, BDR, and the lead.
However, when I arrive at the step “Update Lead”, I get this error when testing or running the Zap using the trigger: 

“Failed to create a lead in Pipedrive: This feature requires a new permission. To use it, reconnect your Pipedrive account.”
I am currently using an account that is both admin on Zapier and Pipedrive. I am also using the same account for multiple other Zaps that work just fine...
Has anyone encountered a similar error or knows the solution? I will appreciate it as I hit a wall here.

Thank you!!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bennn 

Good question.

Try removing and reconnecting your Pipedrive Zap app here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Hello Troy, 
Thank you for your answer. 
I tried that multiple times and unfortunately it did not solve the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bennn

Which Pipedrive plan do you have?

Userlevel 1

Professional

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bennn,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I apologize for the delay. The support team does our best to reply quickly to all of our customers, but please note that it can take a while to receive a response depending on our queue volume!

It looks like your app's connection isn't working right now. This can happen if you've changed a password or if the app requires you to reconnect your account.

To reconnect your account, go to the Connected Accounts page and click the "Reconnect" button:

https://zapier.com/app/connections

Please let me know how this works out for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 1

I currently don't have access to the email where the answer was sent. Is it possible to continue the conversation with another email address? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bennn,

Just noticed you've responded to the Support Team's message. If it helps, you can request them to CC another email of yours, so you can get their replies in a different inbox.

Hope this makes things easier for you! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi, unfortunately we have the same problem. We have some Zap's that work well. Now we have created one with a time trigger, and we get an error in the last step, "Failed to create a lead in Pipedrive". We have reconnected to Pipedrive and also deleted it completely once, but unfortunately neither of these has helped. The error persists. Maybe someone already has a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Novamag,

Before we delve further into this, could you kindly share a detailed screenshot of your Zap's configuration? Additionally, would you mind sending a screenshot of your current Pipedrive setup in the Zap? Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a,

Our workflow: 
In Pipedrive, we work with labels for the leads. Every new lead that we create in Pipedrive receives an email from us and the label "Warten 1". If the email has been replied to, the label is automatically updated to "replied". 

Now we want to send another email to everyone who has the “Warten 1” label for longer than 7 days. To filter this, we need a new status “Warten 2”.

Now our Zap:
Every Monday at 8 a.m. we want to check whether the leads with the label "Warten 1" are older than 7 days and if so, the label should be changed to "Warten 2". 

That's when we get the error:
Failed to create a lead in Pipedrive

Perhaps you now have an overview and can help us, I have attached a few screenshots:

Best regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Novamag,

Thanks for the screenshots!

It looks like the issue here is the mapped data on the “Lead” field in the “Update Lead” action step. The “Lead” field looks for the Lead ID. You can map the Lead ID from the “Find Lead” step to the “Lead” field in the “Update Lead” step. Like so:

a80106ce2fd7011cb22b0a3c70e5f041.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hello! 

Thank you, the Zap is now running smoothly! <3 However, it only updates one lead at a time and then stops. In theory, there are about 40 leads that the automation should update. It only takes one per hour and then proceeds to the next one. Is there a setting somewhere that allows it to take all of them at once?

Thank you :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Novamag,

That’s awesome to hear! I’m glad my suggestion worked!

Regarding the question about one trigger per hour, are you using the “Schedule by Zapier” trigger? If so, you can learn more on how the “Schedule by Zapier” trigger works here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288648461-Schedule-Zaps-to-run-at-specific-intervals#1-set-up-your-schedule-trigger-0-0

Hope, this helps!