Best answer

Picking the wrong File option in "Upload to Dropbox"

• 1 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm trying to copy a googledoc to dropbox (part of a larger zap) and change the extension to rtf (doc would be fine too). In the Upload to Dropbox action, I can't figure out which which option to use in the "File" field. When using the data from the prior action, there are a ton of options but I don't see one that includes the body of the file. I keep getting rtfs with the title in place of the body. Any ideas? Thank you

icon

Best answer by jacob-DAS 2 September 2023, 22:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here’s a more detailed explanation of the zap:

1 Trigger: New Thread in Gmail unread
2 Filter  only continue if message subject has x and
only continue if message subject does not have y
3 Text in Formatter: transform "Message subj" with separator keep Segment index 1    
4 Text in Formatter: Split "Message body plain" keep  segment 1
5 Text in Formatter: Split on 4:ID:1 and keep segment 0
6 Create text file in Googledocs 
file name 3 Output
File content 5 Output 
7 Upload file in Dropbox
File (this is where I'm getting tripped up)
filename 6. Title
Specify extension rtf    

Userlevel 1
Badge

Problem solved: Ultimately I wanted to convert this to PDF so I found a different way to go about it wih CloudConvert. 

I never did figure out the right setting to get the body of the file to transfer over from googledocs to Dropbox as a doc or rtf, which I wanted because the target folder has an PDF-conversion set up already, but doesn’t work with txt files. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @jacob-DAS! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

Also, thank you for sharing your solution here. This will be helpful to our other awesome Community members who might run into the same issue.