Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to make a zap (or two it seems) for myself and fellow project managers at my company. Essentially what I’m trying to create is 1 zap to create a new google drive folder when a new project is opened on the app. The second zap is to take all photos and videos uploaded to that specific project to the respective google drive folder. I’ve had success in creating new folders within a parent folder (Projects 2024). As someone who works on multiple jobs at once, I think it would be really easy to be able to switch between projects within the CompanyCam app and have it all uploaded and organized on its own. My issue is when I upload a new picture, it’s not uploaded into it’s project folder, but within the parent folder instead.

zap 1, for locating if the project folder exists, if not, it creates a new one

zap 2, the problem child. taking pictures within a project on CompanyCam and it not being uploaded, or in this case, not locating the folder at all. If you were to look at the configure page, everything would be the same as zap 1 (dynamic folder name, not static).

This is my first time with anything related to AI so I’m incredibly confused as to what's going on :(

Hi @junnie 

For us to have more info about the error, post screenshots showing how your Zap step is configured in the “Configure” section.

The Folder field expects the GDrive Folder ID.

Hey Troy,

Sorry about that!

Here’s the configuration! Like I said before, photos are uploaded, but never to the correct folder. Only gets uploaded to the parent folder :/

@junnie 

In Step 3, map the ID of the Folder from Step 2.

Hi @junnie,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Were you able to try Troy’s suggestion here?

Please do let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this at all - happy to assist further! 🙂

Maybe this will sound silly but what does map the folder mean?

This is what I have configured for step 2, should it be mapped differently to match step 3?

@junnie 

The same way you mapped a variable for the File field, you need to map variable representing the Folder ID from a previous step for the Folder field.

Use the ...] button to switch to “Custom”.

@Troy Tessalone 

I see what you mean! When I retest after selecting the folder ID it fails to find a file, despite the folder existing in my google drive. 

Not too sure why it doesn’t find the file under that name?

@junnie 

For Zap step 2, make sure the field Search Type has an option selected from the static dropdown list.

@Troy Tessalone 

Is that the correct format then? For search type, there was no static option so it had to be through dynamic. Upon retest, it was successful.

@junnie 

Use the ...] button to switch to ‘Static’, then select an option from the list.

@Troy Tessalone 

Got that step down, works as intended I believe. When I try to upload a photo, that part is not going through. 

@junnie 

For the Folder field in Zap step 3, you need to map the Folder ID, not the Folder Name.

From Step 2, use this variable: ID

@Troy Tessalone 

Omg you're literally a genius, Troy. I changed it to the folder id of the google drive folder, and it works perfectly now! When I open a new project it opens up a new folder, whenever I add pictures to a specific project it actually goes to the designated google drive folder! I’m actually so amazed, thank you so much for the help!! I’m sure I’ll have more questions for you in the future as I try to integrate Zapier more :D