Skip to main content
Question

Phone number can't be fixed by Formatter by Zapier

• 30 June 2024
  • 2 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

i run tiktok lead generation and leads (phone number and email) automatically imported to google sheet, unlike facebook lead ads, the phone number from tiktok lead generation always with hyphen, dash and bracket, so i use formatter by zapier try to clearn phone number before zapier send to google sheet. 

the example phone number is: +1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

I tried text to replace with h^0-9+], it failed.

i tried number to format phone number under transform to use E164 format, failed.

i tried to format in google sheet, still, failed.

does anyone have same issue? and how to fix it? it drives me crazy, below are the screenshot, thank you very much.

2 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

BTW: in the goolge sheet, the phone number column also showed error, check below

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Goldenshiny,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like Google Sheets is showing that error because of the "+" symbol in the phone number. I think the "+" is causing Google Sheets to treat that value as a formula. And then because the formula can't be calculated, Google Sheets is showing the #ERROR!.

You should be able to fix this by adding an apostrophe character (') before the phone number value, as this will force Google to treat the value as text: https://support.google.com/docs/thread/4057005/is-it-possible-for-a-plus-sign-to-show-as-plain-text-and-not-create-a-formula?hl=en

Here’s a screenshot:

bd5504212a5ec262b039b34316db28c5.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!