Skip to main content
Best answer

PhantomBuster Integration Issue: Missing Required Fields Causing Zap Errors

• 12 August 2024
  • 5 replies

I had a Zap that used PhantomBuster as one of the steps, but it suddenly stopped working. Now, some fields that were previously required no longer appear; instead, they're listed as optional fields that can be removed. Without these fields, the step fails with the error "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'options')." Could this be a bug, or has something changed with the integration?

Hi @marketingwideo,

Can you give us the screenshot of the error message? So we can troubleshoot further? Also obscure any sensitive information within the screenshot. Thanks.

Hi Jammer, thanks for your response! I ran a test using the available information (since, as I mentioned earlier, some previously mandatory fields have been removed), and encountered the following error:

Hi there @marketingwideo,

I did some digging into this, and it looks like the error you’re running into is a known bug with PhantomBuster. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with PhantomBuster on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

In the meantime, I recommend reaching out to PhantomBuster’s support team and let them know that you’re running into a bug when using their app in Zapier. Please note that the PhantomBuster developers are the ones who maintains and updates their integration in Zapier.

Hopefully, this helps and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have the exact same issue! I can’t edit any fields in the Action section of the zap, and any test fails. As suggested, I also sent a message to Phantombuster support.

Hi there @RomainSF,

I have added you to the open bug report. We will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.