Best answer

Pennylane invoice generation Zap fails due to missing customer type

• 18 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi All.

I am trying to generate invoices on our account package (Pennylane) via orders placed in Shopify.

Sadly the zap is failing as Pennylane is looking for a customer type of either individual or company. It seems that neither can be found in the data available on the order.

Is there a workaround?

Any help much appreciated

Christopher

icon

Best answer by ken.a 6 December 2023, 07:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Grifo 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context.

Hi Troy.

Here is the config area that is the root of the issue:

Seems we have the option (required) of Company or Individual:

We then  get a fail with the following error message:

Oops an error 400 occurred. Message: The schema of the object invoice.customer isn’t any of the following “Existing Customer”, “Company Customer”, “Individual Customer”

I have no idea how to apply these options (or remove the “required” nature of this field. I tried “Custom” and inserted “Individual Customer” but that failed too.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Grifo

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Grifo 

You can select one of the 2 options to use for all Zap Runs.

If both give you an error when testing, then you will need to reach out to Pennylane Support.

Hi Troy.

Indeed. Both tested. I will go to Pennylane then.

Much appreciate your help

Best.

Grifo

Same issue here

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @michaelR,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The error you’re experiencing turned out to be a bug with the Pennylane integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Pennylane on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Additionally, since Pennylane handles and maintains their integration. I’d recommend reaching out to their Support Team and informing the about this bug.

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you. I need to send a large amount of invoices late December. I really hope it works then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @michaelR 👋

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee it will be resolved by the end of December. As Ken mentioned, the Pennylane app is maintained by their own developers so it may be worth reaching out to them directly to help flag the impact of this issue.

Really wish we could give a timeline for when this will be resolved. We’ll be sure to share any news or updates we have here in the meantime.

Hello Zapier,

Any news from Pennylane ?

Regards