Skip to main content
Best answer

PDF.co error: The app did not respond in-time. It may or may not have completed successfully.

• 15 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi there, 

I have an issue with looping step when converting a scanned pdf to a searchable one using pdf.co.

I have a list of different URLs for scanned PDF that are processed with the loop app, as I thought that step 8-11 will be running separately for each URL. 

However, checking the log in step 10, the URLs seem to be submitted together to pdf.co (the pdf is public, so no problem that the url is visible here):

As a result, the step is timing out and the zap does not finish. I think it is because he tries to work on all URL’s at the same time. 

I do have a problem now finding the solution because I need to understand if the problem is within the loop or not…

Hoping for some help here 🙂 Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @humpi 

For us to have more context about the error, post screenshots with how these Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode:

• Step 8
  • Step 10
Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, 

sure thing, here you go: 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@humpi 

When you test Step 8 (Looping) does it return line items?

If not, then you may need to use this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Text

Split by comma.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, 

thanks for the quick response. 

The looping is working properly now. I did adjust step 8 and had to adjust the formatter in step 7 as well to “comma”.

Now all files are processed. I guess the loop never worked before, as the amount of URLs could still be managed by pdf.co simultaneously until it became too many recently.

Thankfully

Eike

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome news @humpi! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand and pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗