Skip to main content

Hello! I’m hoping for some guidance…

I have a Path set up to send a zapier email to team member X that only triggers if:

Field “What business services are you interested in?” 

Exactly Matches “Option A”

This field is a drop down with multiple options available (people can choose more than one service)… If someone selects ONLY “Option A”, I wanted it to go to team member X. If someone selects “Option A” and “Option B” I want the path to fail and go to a different team member.

Right now, however, if someone selects both Options A and B, the path is still continuing and sends the email to team member X. I cannot figure out why. 

Thank you!

Hi @SBagleyJonesRoth 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Sure thing, thanks @Troy Tessalone …

Screenshot 1 shows that I’m working with a Test Submission where multiple Business Services have been chosen (Wealth Management and Small Business Monthly Accounting).

Screenshot 2 shows that I only want the path to continue if Wealth Management is exactly chosen, however the path shows as continuing with the green check. And, this has been confirmed with actual tests.

Let me know if that's all making sense, or if there’s anything else I can try to get this figured out. 

Much appreciated!

@SBagleyJonesRoth 

Filter help: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Zap trigger data for the field is structured as an Array of Items.

Try first converting the array items to text.

Formatter > Utilities > Line Items to Text

Then map the output from the Formatter step to the Filter step left/top condition.

NOTE: You may want to use the Filter middle operator “contains”.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone,

re: “Then map the output from the Formatter step to the Filter step left/top condition.” I am using a Path rather than a Filter. Should I change my Paths to Filters instead?

@SBagleyJonesRoth 

Each Path has it’s own Filter step, so use that.

Got it, thank you so much I was able to make it work… much appreciated!

That’s great news @SBagleyJonesRoth! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗