Question

Pardot error code 201

• 10 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Setting up Zapier to add a Prospect in Pardot.

Receive the following error message:

An error occurred while searching for (or creating) a prospect.

Pardot ran into an error: Business Unit specified in Pardot-Business-Unit-Id header not found or inactive.. Error code: 201

I see this has been asked before, but there is no resolution in the ticket:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bkeith 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the returned error, thanks.

Hi @Troy Tessalone - Below are the screenshots.  Let me know if anything additional is needed:

Here’s the error:

Backing up to step one - here’s the account:

And finally, here’s all the detail in Choose account:

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bkeith 

The error makes it seems like there is an expected field for Business Unit that is either blank or have an invalid value, altho I wasn’t able to see a field for Business Unit.

Some custom fields do not show up in Pardot actions

Custom fields using Radio Button, Checkbox, Dropdown or Multi-Select type are not supported by Pardot’s API, so they are not available in Pardot actions at this time.

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support here for additional help: https://zapier.com/app/get-help