Question

pandadocs and Jira issue creation and updates

• 22 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, I'm working on integrating panda docs with Jira.

what I want it to do is the below:

Every time a new panda doc is created , I need Jira to create an Issue automatically. Once the issue is created it will move through the workflow as the document gets sent for approval, sent to client and is signed by both parties. 

The problem I'm having is 1: it looks like when I chose “Status change” I have to find an already created Jira Issue and I don't see an option to update the current just created issue. is there a way to do this?

2: the Zap I worked on to create a new issues every time a Panda doc is created seems to be creating an issue each time the status of the panda document is updated.

I would really appreciate any guidance as I only have 6 more days in my trial and I would really like this to work.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sammy Hartman 

Try adding a Zap action for Jira to find the Issue.

If you still need help, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to give us more context.

Thank you but it still doesn't find the issue. I get an error. unless I specifically select the panda document I want zap to use, it doesn't just look for it.

in the summary I chose the “DRAFT” Status thinking this would find the issue that was just created.

basically if a new panda doc is created, I need zap to create an issue in Jira and each time the panda doc  changes statuses of that document, the Jira statuses need to be changed. That is basically the workflow I need for each new document created in Panda doc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sammy Hartman

You probably need to Zaps

Zap 1: PandaDoc > Jira (Create Issue)

Zap 2: PandaDoc > Jira (Find Issue) + Jira (Update Issue)

@Troy Tessalone  thank you,  The create issue is set!

Zap 2 is not working when I select  “ Find Issue” see errors below.

I selected the key word to be draft
The documents status is “Draft”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sammy Hartman 

For us to have context about the error, we will need to see screenshots with how the Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

is this what you need?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sammy Hartman 

Check the field description for guidance.

This may be an example of the Jira Issue Key value.