Best answer

PandaDoc - "No document found" when testing

• 11 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, I am attempting to connect PandaDoc to Hubspot, however I’m having issues testing the initial PandaDoc trigger. My first attempt was successful, but since then I’ve been met with “No document found” when testing the trigger. I’ve created new PandaDoc templates and Zaps, which are being found in the trigger dropdown menu, but no luck when attempting to test it & obtain the data fields for the next Hubspot Action step of the Zap.

Thanks for your help!

PandaDoc Templates

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 September 2023, 19:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Justin-at-Singenuity 

Good question.

Has there been updated PandaDoc documents created from the Template that match a Status = Sent?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you so much Troy! That’s exactly what it was and I appreciate the quick response! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone, I apologize for another basic question, but I find myself stuck once again & could benefit from your expertise.

My automation goal is:

1. We manually create and send a Service Agreement through PandaDoc that contains terms, such as our onboarding fee, for the client to sign (For example: a $2500 onboarding fee).

2. Next, I’d like for Zapier to trigger when that PandaDoc agreement is sent and update the deal in Hubspot. Using the above example of the onboarding fee, we’d like to change a current property labeled “Onboarding Fee” from blank to $2500.

3. Eventually (at a later time if it’s difficult), I would like to create a Zap to trigger when the PandaDoc agreement is signed & have it create the customer in Quickbooks Online & send them an invoice in which they can pay the $2500 onboarding fee by credit card or ACH.

My current Zap flow:

Attempting to find the Hubspot deal before creating another Zap Action to edit the deal with the $2500 onboarding fee

Unfortunately, the “Find Deal” in Hubspot action (goal #2 above) is failing the test. I currently have it set up to find the deal by the email listed in the PandaDoc agreement and I’m guessing there in lies the issue. Do you have any advice on a better way to find the deal?

Thanks @Troy Tessalone !

Justin

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Justin-at-Singenuity 

Better approach would be to have HubSpot as the Zap triggers step.

Then you can pass the HubSpot Deal ID into the metadata of the PandaDoc Document.

Then when there are updates to the Status of the PandaDoc Document, you’ll already have the HubSpot Deal ID to use in the Zap action steps to update the HubSpot Deal.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone - Just to ensure I’m on the same page, are you recommending:

Trigger:

Hubspot w/ Trigger event set to: “Updated Deal Stage” (triggers when specific deal stage is selected)

Action:

Create PandaDoc Service Agreement from template & pull in client info from the Hubspot deal

Action:

When PandaDoc Service Agreement is marked as sent, update the Onboarding Fee property field in the Hubspot deal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Justin-at-Singenuity 

Yes, you can use the Document Metadata field to set the HubSpot Deal ID to use in other Zaps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone - Thank you for helping me through this. I’ve pivoted from the original automation plan a little and find myself stuck on finding the document metadata field.

New automation plan:

Sales team will manually create a PandaDoc service agreement through the Hubspot integration

Trigger: Updated Deal Stage in Hubspot 

This will trigger when the Sales team advances the deal in their Hubspot pipeline to “Agreement Sent”

Action: Find the document in PandaDoc

While I have the Hubspot Deal ID as an option here, that ID is not in the PandaDoc upon creation. I could have it automatically inputted into the document through the use of Pandadoc Tokens, but I’d prefer to keep it hidden from our clients / kept in the Pandadoc metadata if possible. This is where I’m struggling and would greatly appreciate your insight.

From here, I would then create another action to create & send a QB invoice when the PandaDoc is signed/completed. 

Thank you so much,

Justin

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Justin-at-Singenuity 

The surest way I know is to use the PandaDoc Metadata via the Zap action: PandaDoc - Create Document

https://support.pandadoc.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402103450135-Pre-fill-a-form-and-capture-events

• Metadata: Set metadata for the document you’ll generate from the form.