Best answer

'Output Item' order after [:newline:]

• 27 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey all,

This issue has been bugging me for a while now and I just can’t figure it out. I can’t find it anywhere else on this forum, or outside of it. Hope someone can help me:

I want to separate the output from my ChatGPT query so that I can do different analyses on each of the Output Items. I use Formatter for this.

However, the order in which it provides me the outputs gets messed up. It seems like the output fields (see attached picture) are ordered based on their first number. This is why “1” comes out first correctly, but then 10, 11, 12,13, etc. come before “2”. And so on.

What I’m doing:

1. Text in Formatter by Zapier
  2. Event: Text
  3. Action: [:newline:] 
  4. Segment: All (as Separate Fields)

Do you have an idea how to fix this? It would be great if I could “pad” the 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 March 2024, 19:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DaanisAan 

How are you trying to use these items in the following Zap steps?

To help us have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone! Thanks for your quick response.

In this case, I use the formatting tool to split the output from my GPT query so that I can put the output in separate fields in Google Sheets. As you can see on the right side of this screenshot, I have put them in the correct order manually. This works for the first output (the test output), but it gets messed up once I publish and start using the Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DaanisAan 

Screenshot did not upload.

Userlevel 1

Does this work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DaanisAan 

You may want to explore prompting ChatGPT to output the variables in a specific format to create individual variables.

You then may not need a Formatter step.

See the section about named variables in the related article:

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone, thank you so much! I’m definitely going to check it out and will let you know how I fare.

Best, Daan

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone,

It works perfectly! Thank you so much, I’ve been struggling with this for quite some time now, and this fixes issues with multiple of my automations.

Best,

Daan

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @DaanisAan! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗