Best answer

Output created by Zap "Find a folder in Google Drive" is missing Parent ID

• 5 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I have a Workflow starting with a Google Form that hands over parameter to a lower level step where I use “Find a folder in Google Drive” to check, if the name given from the form already exists as a folder.

Running the Zap worked well for several month, but then something must have changed in the backend, so I am not getting all output parameters from this Zap like before. The Find is looking like this and also succeeds.

But the output is much less then before:

and in the next step I am missing an essential Output Parameter “Parent ID”.

As explained above, it worked well for several month and I could select that parameter from the list of output parameters, but now it fails here because it is not provided anymore.

I assume it could be a permission issue, but I am not sure what account would need additional permissions.
We already tried to adjust permissions on the folder and drive, but it did not solve the issue. So drive permissions are definitely not the issue.

All feedback is welcome! Thanks a mil in advanced for your help.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 July 2023, 19:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Luzidl 

Good question.

There was no matching GDrive Folder so there is no other data returned.

Perhaps you need to configure the GDrive step to create a GDrive Folder.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,
sorry for the late reply, but your help was much appreciated and I was able to solve the issue. My approach with this Zap was probably not the best. I was searching for a folder and considered a non-existent as success to start creating it in the following Zap. 

The easier way, and you suggested was, to create it immediately and move on. That works and now everything is back working.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Luzidl,

Awesome! We’re glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊