Question

Outlook-LexOffice Zap Not Populating Invoices: Need Help with Configuring Steps

Hi all,

I would like to create a zap where I can connect my Outlook (Office365 Enterprise) with LexOffice. So far so good but what step details do I need to configure it right?

This zap lets me save and run but I don’t see any invoices in my LexOffice.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Bobaaz,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like there might be two issues here.

1. You’re using an outdated version of lexoffice.
  2. The mapped data on the “Filename with Extension” might be incorrect.

Could you please try changing the app version to the latest one? Also, I would like you to try remapping the “Filename with Extension” with the filename itself.

d79f3d4be1a4ad45be1f6f2c9ba18905.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Hey there @Bobaaz,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like there might be two issues here.

1. You’re using an outdated version of lexoffice.
  2. The mapped data on the “Filename with Extension” might be incorrect.

Could you please try changing the app version to the latest one? Also, I would like you to try remapping the “Filename with Extension” with the filename itself.

d79f3d4be1a4ad45be1f6f2c9ba18905.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Hello @ken.a

thank you for your reply. I have to check with LexOffice regarding the version. 

I’ve tried to set the filename but there is no variable for filename

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmm @Bobaaz that is certainly odd, are you able to scroll down and see an option to refresh fields or load more? If not, @ken.a this may be a bug. Thoughts on that?

Hello,

this is all I can see when I click on “Show all option”.

I’ve checked with LexOffice and they enrolled version 1.2.0 to our instance

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bobaaz,

I did some digging into our notes, and here’s what lexoffice said about using the “Upload Document for Bookkeeping Purposes” action.

"Our file upload needs to have the file including filename extension to work. A file can be only of type PDF, PNG and JPG and must not exceed a filesize of 2MB. Users can find the uploaded files by using this permalink: https://app.lexoffice.de/permalink/files/view All the uploaded and not already further processed files will be shown there."

@chanelle, i’m not entirely sure if this is a bug yet. To test, @Bobaaz, could you please try manually typing the file name in the “Filename with Extension” field?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi @Bobaaz,

I did some digging into our notes, and here’s what lexoffice said about using the “Upload Document for Bookkeeping Purposes” action.

"Our file upload needs to have the file including filename extension to work. A file can be only of type PDF, PNG and JPG and must not exceed a filesize of 2MB. Users can find the uploaded files by using this permalink: https://app.lexoffice.de/permalink/files/view All the uploaded and not already further processed files will be shown there."

@chanelle, i’m not entirely sure if this is a bug yet. To test, @Bobaaz, could you please try manually typing the file name in the “Filename with Extension” field?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hello @ken.a 

Do I need to type in the filename from the attachment or testing purposes or does every filename has to be the same like “invoice.pdf”? I receive the invoices via mail with different filenames.

I know the link. This is how I usually upload the invoices to LexOffice

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Bobaaz 

You may try typing the filename itself.

Keep us posted, so we can point you to the right direction.

Hi @Bobaaz 

You may try typing the filename itself.

Keep us posted, so we can point you to the right direction.

Hi,

but what do you mean by filename? The filename from my attachment from the mail which I use to test or “filename.pdf” or something else? I don’t understand. Can you show me a screenshot from your side if possible?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Bobaaz 

Could you please try both ways to see which one will work? For example, type “invoice” or “invoice.pdf”.

Sorry for the late reply. Our company had chose another application to test, so Zapier is out for now. Thank you for all your input.